I have never really thought about putting my designs up for sale on Society 6 until recently, and just in time for them to start offering custom leggings! Naturally, I was stoked at the idea of all-over-print apparel, and I ordered a pair almost as soon as I found out. I decided to get some with my Paper Cut-Out Video Game Controllers design on them. I’ve been going to the gym fairly regularly since I got a membership a couple of months ago, and I was excited at the thought of wearing something other than the usual, bland, mass-produced workout wear. In a sea of people oozing vanity, I like to pretend that I am immune and that I am still a unique snowflake. Like me in the above photo, you can really let your dork flag fly. Here are my thoughts:
– Quick turnaround. Considering that it is a custom-made item, the turnaround was fantastic. I ordered them on a Friday, and received them the following Friday. Impressive. This really beats out some other businesses that will print custom clothing, but comes from overseas countries like China. (I am in California.)
– The fabric they use is nice: thick enough so that it feels durable and slightly compressing, but not thick enough so that you will die of hyperthermia if you wear them while working out.
– Good print quality. Details and colors are intact.
– The overall grey color came out lighter than I was anticipating.
– Slightly see-through. I don’t know if this will apply to a darker color print, but I would not be comfortable going commando or wearing thongs under these, especially at the gym. It’s not too bad in a neutral position, but you can see through them if you bend over when, for example, you are doing some dead lifts. In the photos, I am wearing boy shorts underneath, because A) I don’t like things riding up my butt while I am working out, and B) I am sure no one wants to see my vulva when I strike a Down Dog. You can also wear shorts over them if you’re worried about this sort of thing.
– The stitching on the top of the waistband is a little tight, so if you have hips, it might prove difficult to pull them past the hips to your waist. I’m not all that hippy, and even I had some trouble. Once I was able to wriggle them up, though, they fit my waist perfectly and didn’t ride down at all, even through a rigorous workout. Maybe I should have ordered a size up? I don’t know.
Finally finished this oil painting as my 10th anniversary gift to Blaine. It took me 3 months, which is longer than I anticipated. Our anniversary was back in April. It's now June. Anyway, I'm just glad it's done. It's not how we usually look, but when Imogen grows up, I want her to look at this and be like, "Dang, my mom was a classy broad." #art #painting #oilpainting #portraits #artoninstagram